Let’s face it: the publishing industry is complex and often seems impenetrable, and being a writer can be difficult, lonely, and positively stuffed full of rejection. Well, Page Count, the official podcast of the Ohio Center for the Book at Cleveland Public Library, is here to help by answering your most pressing questions about writing and publishing!
- How can I be a good beta reader? How do I find beta readers in the first place?
- How can I diplomatically deal with a difficult critique group member?
- Does this plot detail make sense in my query letter?
- How long should I wait before following up with this agent/editor/lit mag?
- What should I take into consideration when applying to MFA programs?
- How important is social media to my creative writing career?
- Should I self-publish or look for an agent?
- What does this rejection mean?
Those are just a few examples, of course. Ohio writers are invited to submit their own questions via this online form. You may ask questions anonymously or include your name. Be sure to provide any necessary context or examples related to your inquiry. If we select your question, we’ll answer it in a future episode.
Until then, happy writing!